A Pyraminx is a 3-dimensional twisty puzzle with four equal sized triangle shaped sides, which forms a tetrahedron. Each side has 3 tips, 3 edges and 3 centers. At a beginner level the puzzle is solved layer-by-layer in four steps:
- STEP 1 - SOLVE THE FIRST LAYER CENTERS AND TIPS
- STEP 2 - SOLVE THE FIRST LAYER EDGES
- STEP 3 - SOLVE THE SECOND LAYER CENTERS
- STEP 4 - SOLVE THE LAST LAYER CENTERS AND TIP
Full Video tutorial below:
STEP 1: Solve the Yellow centers and tips
- Find one tip that DOESN’T have the colour yellow in.
- Hold your cube so that that tip is at the back.
- Turn the top, left and right sides so until the Yellow is in the front face.
- Turn the tips to match
STEP 2: Solve the Yellow edges
- Turn the cube so that the Yellow face is now at the bottom and the Red bottom centers are in the front face.
- Find the Red/Yellow edge piece.
- Turn the top face until the Red/Yellow piece is in the front layer with the yellow side of that piece facing you as shown in the pictures below.
- Perform the steps below to put the Red/Yellow edge piece in place.
The edge you are looking for is in the bottom layer but in the wrong place or in the correct place but the wrong way around. Perform these steps to pop the piece into the top layer.
STEP 3: Solve the Red Blue Green centers and tip
- Turn the top so that all the center colours match
- Turn the top tip to match the center colours.
STEP 4: Solve the Red Blue Green edges
You will now have one of three different cases. Choose the option below that matches your situation and follow the steps to ultimately solve your pyraminx.
Rotate 3 edges anti-clockwise
Rotate 3 edges clockwise
Swap 2 adjacent edges
Rotate 3 edges and flip 2 edges clockwise
Rotate 3 edges and flip 2 edges anti-clockwise